First of all, I’d like to thank the people who’ve entered my “Title This Photo” contest. It was a small turnout, but hopefully more people will enter in the future. It was great fun seeing the entries, and creating the contest itself. It was a great leaning experience. Now, to the actual announcement
- First place – Tepe from California with the title “Marooned by the Tide”
- Second place – Luke from Florida with the title “Abandoned Serenity”
- Third place – Towald (Check out his gallery here) with the title “Almost made it…”
Congratulations, each of you will receive a 12×18 inch print of the contest photo. And the first prize winner will get a $25 gift card to B&H Photo! Spend it wisely
To give you a bit more info on my selection process, here’s some of the criteria I went off of to judge the best title for my photo:
- How relevant the title is to the photo
- How deep the meaning of the title is
- The amount of words does not matter
- The mood the title conveys to the viewer
- Extra points go out to titles that create a story
It’s just a title, but sometimes the title of a photograph can actually make a picture ten times better.I felt the first place winner “Marooned by the Tide” by Tepe, fit the photo and mood perfectly. It explains the feeling I get from viewing the photo. Good job!
Thank you everyone for entering, and I hope to see you enter in my next contest!
As always, feel free to subscribe via RSS and get free photo tips along with the latest updates. You can also follow me on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook. Feedback is greatly appreciated around here, so please feel free to add your thoughts in the comments section below.
Trackback from your site.